2019 EWM-EMS Summer School : Modern Theory of Group Actions and the Special Role of Finite Simple Groups
The topic of the summer school is motivated by recent applications of group actions to various questions in algebra, geometry, number theory and computer science which have given rise to the development of new theoretical results as well as algorithms for computer algebra software. The theme is approachable for young researchers via the theory of permutation groups and there are many open questions, both on the theoretical side and with regards to applications.
- Colva RONEY-DOUGAL(University of St Andrews)
- Cheryl E PRAEGER (University of Western Australia)
- Alice C NIEMEYER (RWTH University, Aachen)
- Joanna FAWCETT (Imperial College, London)
- Donna M TESTERMAN (EPFL, Lausanne)
- Rebecca WALDECKER (MLU Halle-Wittenberg)
Donna M TESTERMAN, Cheryl E PRAEGER, Rebecca WALDECKE
More information on the summer school webpage.