On the Trail of Women in Mathematics, Krakow
The next conference of the series “On the Trail of Women in Mathematics” will be dedicated to Sofia Kowalewska.
The conference will be held in 2019, August 31 – September 2 in Kraków, close before A Jubilee Congress of Polish Mathematicians in the 100th Anniversary of the Polish Mathematical Society, September 3-7, 2019, see https://100latptm.matinf.uj.edu.pl/
You can visit the conference website for more information on the scope, organization, scientific and local committees and important dates and updates: http://skwm.ptkwm.org.pl/
Registration for the conference is now open. In case of any questions please contact the organizers via web page.
The conference topics will cover large range of issues related to PDE and their applications, i.e. analysis of compressible and incompressible fluid mechanics, general relativity theory, kinetic theory, probabilistic approaches, etc.
The conference program will include plenary lectures, thematic and a poster sessions. An important element of the conference will be a discussion panel “Mobbing at universities”.
We are very happy to invite you to participate to our conference by giving a talk on your specialized area as participant.
Thematic sessions are invited for submission. A minimum of four speakers centering on a specific topic will be accepted. Send your proposal to the organizers email@example.com until May 30, 2019.
* Tadeusz Iwaniec (Syracuse University, USA & University of Helsinki, Finland)
* Marta Lewicka (University of Pittsburgh, USA),
* Alessandra Celletti (Universita’ degli Studi di Roma “Tor Vergata”, Italy),
* Stanislaw Domoradzki (University of Rzeszow, Poland),
* Agnieszka Bartłomiejczyk (Gdansk University of Technology, Poland),
* Jan Boronski (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland),
* Magdalena Nockowska-Rosiak (Lodz University of Technology, Poland)
* Anna Zatorska – Goldstein (University of Warsaw, Poland)
* Anna Żeromska (AGH University of Science and Technology, Poland)