PhD position in the framework of the TRANSMATH Lab
Basque Center for Applied Mathematics is offering a PhD position in the framework of Trans-Border Coperation-Transmath. Trans-border Cooperation (LTCs) are a formula for collaboration that have been developed since 2015 in the frame of the Campus Euskampus-Bordeaux. LTCs were created to provide an institutional framework for research teams from the Basque country and from Bordeaux working together. More concretely, the Transborder Mathematics Laboratory, will focus on strengthening the research in Applied Mathematics in the following areas:
– MATHDES: Mathematical Design, Modeling, and Simulations (MATHDES) group works on the design, analysis, implementation, and optimization of numerical schemes for mathematical models arising from real-life applications
– APDE: Linear and Non-Linear Waves, Applied Analysis and Harmonic Analysis
Deadline: 22 July 2022
Applications at: http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job/ic2022-07-phd-position-in-the-framework-of-the-transmath-lab
Contract: 3 years
– Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Physics, Enginering or Applied Mathematics.
– Any candidate with a supervisor at BCAM and a supervisor in Bordeaux could apply to this call.
– Applicants must have an excellent academic record.
– Good communication and interpersonal skills.
– Good command of spoken and written English.
– Ability to clearly present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
– Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
– Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.