Call for nominations: ICIAM Olga Taussky-Todd Lecture 2023
the Olga Taussky-Todd Lecture is held every four years at the International Congress on Industrial and Applied Mathematics (ICIAM). This honor is conferred on a woman who has made outstanding contributions in applied mathematics and/or scientific computation’. The lecture is named in tribute to the memory of Olga Taussky-Todd, whose scientific legacy is in both theoretical and applied mathematics, and whose work exemplifies the qualities to be recognized.
The Officers and Board of ICIAM now call for nominations for the Olga Taussky-Todd Lecture, to be given at the ICIAM 2023 congress, to take place in Tokyo (Japan) from August 20 to August 25, 2023.
A nomination will consist of:
- Full name and address of person nominated.
- Web home page if any.
- Justification for nomination (in at most two pages, cite nominator’s reason for considering a candidate to be deserving, including explanations of the scientific and practical influence of the candidate’s work and publications).
- 2-3 letters of support from experts in the field (not mandatory). Each of them having a maximum length of two pages.
- CV of the nominee.
- Name and contact details of the proposer.
Nominations should be made electronically through the website https://iciamprizes.org/. The deadline for nominations is December 30th, 2021.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the nomination procedure.
Olga Taussky-Todd Committee for 2023:
- Lisa Fauci, Chair (Tulane University)
- Mirjam Dür (University of Augsburg)
- Isabelle Gallagher (Ecole Normale Supérieure)
- Suzanne Weekes (Worcester Polytechnic Institute)
- Mary Wheeler (University of Texas at Austin)
- Guiying Yan (Chinese Academy of Sciences)
ICIAM, the International Council for Industrial and Applied Mathematics, is the world organization for applied and industrial mathematics. Its members are mathematical societies based in more than 30 countries. For more information, see the Council’s web page at http://www.iciam.org/Text comment...