Forum: online assessment
Initial Question from Carina Geldhauser:
I guess many of us are facing the same question now, so maybe we can bring the outcomes of our thoughts and enquiries together here
How can we assess our students without having them in an examination hall?
I guess we all realize that
– closed-book exams are out of the question, so what ever we will be discussion, it has to be an open book exam.
– we need to assume that our teaching boards will approve necessary changes to examination rules, if we can propose a good solution.
There are other factors to consider:
1) How can we control that students are not helped by older siblings or help each other via messenger services?
2) How do we deal with students who are with their families in different time zones?
3) What do we do with students which have usually special circumstances?
4) In which way could we set a test robust enough to give a numerical mark?
5) YOUR QUESTION