Software Engineer Internship (Quantitative Finance) at G-Research
Software Engineer Internship (Quantitative Finance)
G-Research is Europe’s leading quantitative finance research firm. We hire the brightest minds in the world to tackle some of the biggest questions in finance. We pair this expertise with machine learning, big data, and some of the most advanced technology available to predict movements in financial markets.
Start Dates: 4th April 2022/ 4th July 2022 to September 23rd 2022
We are currently seeking the brightest students to join us for the summer between their penultimate and final year of study. We offer internships lasting either 12 weeks or 6 months, finishing in September. Joining G-Research as an intern will enable you to develop knowledge of working with successful legacy systems as they are modernised; a highly sought after skill.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an innovative, intellectually curious student to build world-class software. This challenging and satisfying software development role will also include delivering improvements to our production code.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Enhancing and supporting the existing trade technology platform and associated toolset
- Designing and implementing high quality code to work with large data sets
- Research on raw data, working with quant teams to ensure data quality and value
- Database design and query performance and optimisation enhancements where possible
- Maintaining and enhancing the existing infrastructure and data processing tools that are responsible for regular handling of many significant data feeds
Induction and Training
Successful candidates will join G-Research on our Internship programme, enabling them an in-depth introduction to the world of technology within finance, as well as extensive introductions to the internal workings of the business.
You will be paired with an experienced Engineer who will mentor you through your time with us. All interns will have access to numerous training courses, including online learning licences to hone your technical skills and soft skill training.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidates will be strong, competent and practical software engineers. They will be enthusiastic and have a genuine interest in both software technology and the underlying hardware.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Excellent academics – you should be studying towards a 2:1 or above in Computer Science or Computer Science with Mathematics from a top tier University. You should also have exceptional pre University academics
- Experience with an object orientated programming language, preferably C#, Java or C++
- Appreciation of good software architecture, core programming techniques and data structures
- Excellent technical communication and problem-solving skills
- Completed at least one Development internship elsewhere
- Experience within Finance (useful but not required)
Why should you apply?
- Highly competitive compensation
- Informal dress code and excellent work/life balance
- 25 days holiday pro-rata
- 9% company pension contributions
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Subsidised gym membership
- Monthly company events
- Central London office close to five stations and six tube lines
When applying you will be asked if you would prefer a Hackerrank test (that you can complete at home over a 2 week period) or a one hour video interview. If you’re successful, you’ll then be invited accordingly.
Successful candidates will then be invited to take part in an assessment centre followed by Mentor Interviews.
Please note, due to our desire to convert the top of our intern cohort into our graduate programme we are only able to consider applications from those graduating in 2023. We will respond to applications from September ahead and begin interviewing in October.
G-Research is committed to cultivating and preserving an inclusive work environment. We are an ideas-driven business and we place great value on diversity of experience and opinions.
We want to ensure that applicants receive a recruitment experience that enables them to perform at their best. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation please let us know in the relevant section.
More details can be found here.