Research Technician in Computational Fluid Dynamics at BCAM
Basque Center for Applied Mathematics is offering a Research Technician in Computational Fluid Dynamics in the framework of H2020 MSCA-IF-GF-2018 Marie Skłodowska-Curie project AEROSIMULAT (Ref. 842536) to work with Margarida Moragues in CFD Modelling and Simulation group at BCAM. The researcher will work in:
• Simulation of fluid flows for industrial problems (turbine blades, jets, etc.)
• Use and development of the CFD open-source
• Software Nektar++
• Code debugging
• Mesh generation
Deadline: 28 November 2022
Applications at: http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job/ic2022-10-research-technician-in-computational-fluid-dynamics
Contract: 6 months
Requirements: M.S. in Computer Science or related studies
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Fluency in spoken and written English
• A minimum level of experience in research.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative research team.
• Ability to present and publish research outcomes in spoken (talks) and written (papers) form.
• Ability to effectively communicate and present research ideas to researchers and stakeholders with different backgrounds
The preferred candidate will have:
• Strong programming background (C++, Python)
• Knowledge of Computational Fluid Dynamics or related disciplines
• Knowledge of mesh generation (CAD software; Gmsh, Salome or similar mesh generation softwares)
• Interest and disposition to work in interdisciplinary groups