Postdoctoral Fellowship in Biomathematics
Basque Center for Applied Mathematics -BCAM offers a Postdoctoral position. Within the BMTF project, the research project will be focused on the development of spatio-temporal models variations on infectious diseases transmission and control and its impact on the Basque surveillance system; Modeling different social contact structures to understand disease spreading; Modeling the role of social behavioral changes, lock downs and other control measures affecting the dynamics of seasonal respiratory disease.
We seek an experienced postdoctoral fellow, highly motivated and skilled person, able to work effectively as part of a team.
Applicants must have professional experience, with a relevant curriculum in the scientific area of modeling infectious disease dynamics.
The preferred candidate will have:
• PhD degree in applied mathematics, mathematical biology, physics or related disciplines on quantitative life sciences field.
• research experience in modeling COVID-19 and other respiratory disease dynamics.
• researh experience in network theory.
• research experience in stochastic processes.
• research interest in mathematical modeling of infectious diseases and population biology, dynamical systems theory, non-linear dynamics complex systems and computer programming.
• strong background in statistics is advantageous.
• Experience in interdisciplinary research, formulation and analysis of mathematical/computational models.
• knowledge of bio-statistics and experience in advanced programming are essential.
Deadline: 15 September 2022
Applications at: http://www.bcamath.org/en/research/job/ic2022-05-postdoctoral-fellow-in-biomathematics-at-the-mathematical-and-theoretical-biology-group