1 Post Doctoral Research Fellowship(s) (BIPD) is open at the FCiências.ID – Associação para a Investigação e Desenvolvimento de Ciências, for the project/R&D institution Center for Computational and Stochastic Mathematics, UIDP/04621/2020, funded by the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia, I.P./MCTES through national funds (PIDDAC) under the programme multi-annual R&D unit funding 2020-2023 – programmatic, under the following conditions:
1. Scientific Area: Algebra; Ordinary Differential Equations
2. Requirements for admission: PhD in Mathematics, with a dissertation in the area of Algebra or Differential Equations; proof to have solid knowledge in one of the scientific areas; 2 articles published or accepted in international journals with referee system.
3. Additional optional skills and qualifications: Proximity of the work plan to the areas of most recent interest of the advisors.
4. Contracting requirements: Presentation of the academic qualifications and/or diplomas.
5. Work plan: Applicants must submit a work plan in Universal Algebra, Reticulates and Relations of Order, including applications to Logic and Computer Science, or in Ordinary Differential Equations and Applications.
6. Legislation framework: Research Fellowship Holder Statute, in accordance with Law 40/2004, of 18 August, in its current version and the FCT Regulation for Research Studentships and Fellowships, in its current version (Reg. 950/2019 published in DR on 16th December: https://dre.pt/application/file/a/127230968, or at the FCT website: https://www.fct.pt/apoios/bolsas/regulamento.phtml.pt), and FCiências.ID Fellowship Regulation, as approved on 12th May 2020 (available at Regulamento de Bolsas de Investigação Científica da FCiências.ID).
7. Place of work: The work will be developed at the CEMAT-Ciências under the scientific supervision of Professor Maria João Gouveia or Profª Carlota Rebelo.
8. Fellowship duration: This position is initially opened for 6 months and will begin on February 2022. The fellowship contract may be potentially renewed until the end of the project, in accordance with the provisions of Regulation of Research Fellowships from the Foundation for Science and Technology, I.P.
9. Monthly allowance: The fellowship amounts to € 1646, according to table values of the fellowships awarded directly by the FCT, IP. The fellowship holder will have a personal accident insurance and can ensure the right to social security through adherence to the voluntary social insurance scheme, if not covered by any other social protection scheme, pursuant to Código dos Regimes Contributivos do Sistema Previdencial de Segurança Social. The fellowship will be paid monthly by bank transfer
10. Evaluation and selection process: Candidates will be assessed by the quality of their CV 70% and curricular relevance, adequacy and exibility of the work plan 10% and online interview 20%.
11. Selection Committee: Gracinda M. S. Gomes M. Cunha (president), Maria João Gouveia and Carlota Rebelo (members), Mário Branco (alternate)
12. Publication/notification of results: All the candidates will be notified by e-mail, sent by the call holder, with the selection meeting minutes enclosed.
13. Deadlines: This call for applications is open from 19/11/21 to 20/12/2021.
14. Application: Applications should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com, by attaching the following documents:
a. Curriculum vitae – CV may be provided in PDF or through the CIÊNCIAVITAE system;
b. Certificate of completion of previous degree;
c. Copy of published papers and work plan.
15. Time limits for the appeal procedure: In case of a negative decision, the candidates have 10 business days, after the date of announcement of the results of the candidates’ evaluation, to pronounce their disagreement in accordance with the Código do Procedimento Administrativo. Appeals against the final decision may be submitted to the Administration Board of FCiências.ID (firstname.lastname@example.org) within 15 business days after the notification date
Note 1: The documents that prove the entitlement of the academic qualifications and diplomas, or the proof of registration in the academic degree or diploma requested on the call, can be dismissed during the application period and replaced by a declaration on their honour from the applicant. Their delivery is mandatory for the fellowship contractualization.
Note 2: Please note that – higher education degrees and diplomas awarded by foreign higher education institutions need to be recognized by a Portuguese higher education institution, pursuant to the Decree-Law nr. 66/2018 (August 16) and the Ministerial Order nr. 33/2019 (January 25). The presentation of the recognition certificate is mandatory for contract signature. More information can be obtained at: https://www.dges.gov.pt/en/pagina/degree-and-diploma-recognition.